Subscribe to Mint is a feature that allows projects to create an NFT collection that can only be minted by a collector who is subscribed to the creator’s Mirror updates.
An overview can be found in this entry on the Mirror Development account.
If you want to create a Subscribe to Mint NFT collection, follow these steps:
- Go to the Dashboard tab for NFTs
- Click on Create NFT Collection
- Fill in the collection details. These settings will apply to all NFTs in the collection.
- Collection Image is a static image or animated GIF that will represent your collection on platforms such as OpenSea. Note that the collection image and the media you choose for your NFT are separate items.
- Network is the blockchain on which you deploy the NFTs in the collection. You must have enough funds on the selected blockchain to pay the gas cost for the deployment. A list of blockchains on which Subscribe to Mint NFTs is supported is available here.
- Name is an identifier for your collection, e.g. "Mirror's Subscriber NFT Collection." This will appear on platforms such as OpenSea.
- Symbol is an internal identifier on the NFT smart contract. We'll derive this automatically for you from the name of your collection, but you can set this yourself if you would like to customize it.
- Description for the collection will appear on sites such as OpenSea.
- Fill in funding details. These settings will apply to all NFTs in the collection.
- Funds Recipient is an Ethereum address that can receive funds. This should be a regular wallet (i.e. an externally owned account, or EOA), since multisig deploys are not deterministic across Layer 2 blockchains. Do not set another contract address as the funds recipient since those funds may be locked there.
- Royalties is an Ethereum address that will receive royalties from sales of the NFTs on secondary marketplaces. This address can be the same EOA as the funds recipient address, or another EOA. Do not set another contract address as the royalties recipient since access to those funds may be locked there.
- Fill in NFT details
- Upload Media for the NFT. We currently support images (including GIFs and JPGs) and videos. If you are uploading a video, please add a still cover image as well, which will be shown in listings of the NFT on marketplaces such as OpenSea.
- Add Name and Description for the NFT. These will show up on the NFT card on Mirror, as well as wallets such as Rainbow and marketplaces such as OpenSea.
- Price is the price in ETH (or MATIC if you deploy on Polygon) that you set for the NFT. The default setting is a "free" NFT – minting costs are limited to our platform fee and gas. If you decide to keep it free, leave this blank.
- Time Limit is the day and time at which the mint will end. Subscribe to Mint NFTs are time-limited NFTs, and are not constrained by a limited supply. After that time period ends, your audience will not be able to mint that NFT anymore.
- Check the NFT card preview to make sure the media and all the information is correct, as you cannot edit these after deployment.
- Click the checkbox and click "Create" to create the Subscribe to Mint NFT. You'll be prompted to pay gas and submit the transaction to the blockchain via your connected wallet.
- Wait for the transaction to complete and you'll automatically be navigated to the collection page where you can copy the code for embedding the NFT. Do not refresh the page while your transaction is being processed.